Dr. Don Miller, Owner and President
DPT, MSPT, BSPT, FAAOMPT, OCS, Cert SMT, Cert DN, Dip Osteopractic, CSCS
Having been born in London and spending his high school years in Spain, Dr. Miller is not only well educated in human anatomy and physical therapy, but also in many different world cultures. With his love of travel and family in other countries, he has added to his US citizenship with English and Irish as well.
Dr. Miller graduated from The Chicago Medical School University of Health Sciences in 1987 with a B.S. in Physical Therapy and received certification as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dr. Miller worked in a clinic located in the Chicago Bull’s training complex. He also served as the conditioning Coach to the Chicago Blackhawks and provided rehab services for members of Chicago’s NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL franchises.
In 1990, Dr. Miller relocated to Menlo Park, California, where he served as the team physical therapist for the San Jose Sharks of the NHL and continued to work with many Olympic and professional athletes.
Dr. Miller moved to Shelby, NC and founded Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates in 1994.
A life-long learner, Dr. Miller completed numerous continuing education courses, earned three different degrees in Physical Therapy and achieved multiple advanced specialty certifications. Dr. Miller is a board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT) and holds a diploma in Osteopractic Rehabilitation. He also earned certifications in Spinal Manipulative Therapy, Dry Needling and the Functional Movement Screen – FMS and SFMA. Dr. Miller teaches anatomy workshops for PT’s, massage therapists, and yoga teachers.
While in college, he participated in wrestling, football, and powerlifting. Today, Dr. Miller is an avid yogi and practices a minimum of four times a week. To add to his yoga practice, Dr. Miller was certified in Yoga Teacher Training for Seniors at Duke Integrative Medicine, Durham, NC in 2015, and completed Vimana Vinyasa Teacher Training in Asheville, NC in 2016. In this same year, Dr. Miller added a state of the art infrared yoga studio to his clinic. He has completed Anatomy for Yoga workshops with Doug Keller and training for Ghosh Method with Janet Horn.
Dr. Miller and his wife Janet are now passionately working on alternative health and wellness philosophies with OptiYou RX and its founder, Billy Wease, RPh, and their own YES Wellness – a lifestyle program that integrates yoga, exercise, and science to help others live a more balanced, healthy, and whole life. Together they host yoga and wellness retreats in some of the most beautiful destinations in the world.
- University of Southern Illinois Carbondale
- BS in Physical Therapy, The Chicago Medical School 1987
- MS in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2002
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2004
- Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates, Inc., Shelby, NC
- Baxter Health Care Corporation, Chicago, IL
- American Physical Therapy Association, APTA (Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Section, Private Practice Section)
- North Carolina Physical Therapy Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- American Academy of Manipulative Therapists
- National Strength & Conditioning Association, NSCA
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certification in Dry Needling (Cert DN)
- Certified Spinal Manipulative Therapist (cert SMT)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of NC