A highly-motivated and skilled clinician, April joined the CPTA team in 2003. She has pursued many post-graduate educational opportunities, including coursework for Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT) from the Institute of Physical Art in Steamboat Springs, CO and specialization in Pediatrics.
In addition to evaluating and treating dysfunctions of the pelvis, spine, and extremities, April is also Blankenship Certified to perform Functional Capacity Evaluations, or FCE. An FCE is a comprehensive test which involves a thorough musculoskeletal exam as well as an assessment of a person’s ability to perform work simulation and functional tasks. This test helps to determine the level at which that person may return to work after an injury.
April is a former lifeguard, swim instructor, and Special Olympics Coach for snowshoeing, basketball, and swimming. In her free time, April enjoys competing in triathlons, swimming, cycling, and running.
- BS in Biology, Western Carolina University
- MS in Physical Therapy, Western Carolina University
- Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates, Inc., Shelby, NC
- Mountain Home Physical Therapy, Mountain Home, ID
- St. Luke’s Hospital, Boise, ID
- American Physical Therapy Association, APTA
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of NC
- Certified Blankenship Evaluator, Functional Capacity Evaluation