FAAOMPT, DPT, MSPT, BSPT, OCS, Cert SMT, Cert DN, CSCS
Company Owner and President
Dr. Miller graduated from The Chicago Medical School University of Health Sciences in 1987 with a B.S. in Physical Therapy, and received his Certification as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dr. Miller worked in a clinic located in the Chicago Bull’s training complex. He also served as a consultant to the Chicago Black Hawks and provided rehab services for members of Chicago’s NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL franchises.
In 1990, Dr. Miller relocated to Menlo Park, CA. where he served as physical therapist for the San Jose Sharks of the NHL. While in California, he continued to work with many Olympic and professional athletes.
Dr. Miller moved to Shelby, North Carolina and founded Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates in 1994.
During the past 29 years, Dr. Miller has completed numerous continuing education courses, earned three different degrees in Physical Therapy and multiple specialty certifications. In 2015, Don completed the Duke Integrative Medicine Yoga Teacher Training for Seniors. Don is currently participating in a 12-month, APTA-accredited AAMT Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy and in March of 2017 will earn the prestigious FAAOMPT credential and Diploma of Osteopractic.
While in college he participated in wrestling, football and powerlifting and regularly practices yoga today as part of his fitness regime. Don was certified in Yoga Teacher Training for Seniors at Duke Integrative Medicine, Durham, NC and in Vimana Vinyasa Teacher Training in 2016 in Asheville, NC. He has completed Anatomy for Yoga workshops with Doug Keller and training for Ghosh/Bikram Method with Janet Horn.
- University of Southern Illinois Carbondale
- BS in Physical Therapy, The Chicago Medical School 1987
- MS in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2002
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2004
- Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates, Inc., Shelby, NC
- Baxter Health Care Corporation, Chicago, IL
- American Physical Therapy Association, APTA (Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Section, Private Practice Section)
- North Carolina Physical Therapy Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- American Academy of Manipulative Therapists
- National Strength & Conditioning Association, NSCA
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certification in Dry Needling (Cert DN)
- Certified Spinal Manipulative Therapist (cert SMT)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of NC