Company Owner and President
DPT, MSPT, BSPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, Cert SMT, Cert DN, Dip OSTEOPRACTIC, CSCS
Dr. Miller graduated from The Chicago Medical School University of Health Sciences in 1987 with a B.S. in Physical Therapy, and received his Certification as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dr. Miller worked in a clinic located in the Chicago Bull's training complex. He also served as Strength and Conditioning Specialist to the Chicago Black Hawks and provided rehab services for members of Chicago's NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL franchises.
In 1990, Dr. Miller relocated to Menlo Park, CA. where he served as the team physical therapist for the San Jose Sharks of the NHL and worked with many Olympic and professional athletes.
Dr. Miller moved to Shelby, North Carolina and founded Cleveland Physical Therapy Associates in 1994.
During the past 30 years, Dr. Miller has completed numerous continuing education courses, earned three different degrees in Physical Therapy and multiple specialty certifications. In 2015, Don completed the Duke Integrative Medicine Yoga Teacher Training for Seniors. In 2016, he completed the Vimana Vinyasa Yoga teacher's training and Bikram Method training.
Most recently, Don completed a 12-month, APTA-accredited AAMT Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists and in March of 2017 earned the prestigious FAAOMPT credential and Diploma of Osteopractic.
While in college he participated in wrestling, football and powerlifting and regularly practices yoga today as part of his fitness regime.
- University of Southern Illinois Carbondale
- BS in Physical Therapy, The Chicago Medical School 1987
- MS in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2002
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University 2004
- Fellowship Training, American Academy of Manipulative Therapy
- American Physical Therapy Association, APTA (Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Section, Private Practice Section)
- North Carolina Physical Therapy Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- American Academy of Manipulative Therapists
- National Strength & Conditioning Association, NSCA
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Fellow of the Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Diploma of Osteopractic
- Certification in Dry Needling (Cert DN)
- Certified Spinal Manipulative Therapist (cert SMT)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of NC